Girls World Expo is a day-long event created by local teen girls for local teen girls – our local Girls Advisory Board is made up of teens from Indianapolis who have created a unique show just for you! We have also worked closely with our local media partner, to fill the day with seminars, performances, demonstrations and vendors that serve your needs in the Indianapolis area!
Girls World Expo can change your life – come together with your friends, or make new ones at the Expo, to enjoy a magical day where you will hear from and meet successful and powerful women right from your own community who can show you a path to success! You will attend workshops, listen to speakers, see demonstrations, science exhibits, and speak one-on-one with women who are leaders in business, government, industry, the arts, and many other realms of endeavor. It’s a rare opportunity for you to see what your future could be, and learn what it will take to get there.
But it’s not all work! Girls World Expo is also fun. There’s fashion, an art show, music and dance performances by talented local artists, and the always-popular GWE Marketplace, where you can see and purchase everything from hair accessories to self-help materials, and clothing to jewelry.
It’s not just another day. It’s a very special day. It’s an opportunity to spend a day in a safe, secure environment inspired by the company of other girls and not just seeing but creating the future. Your future.
Meet our Advisory Board
Entertainment & Demo Stage Manager
Bright Ideas/Science Coordinator
Social Media/Public Relations Manager
Social Media/Public Relations Manager
What to Expect
Welcome & Musical Performances: 12PM-12:45PM
Kick off the day with a warm welcome from our Girls Advisory Board (all local girls) and enjoy our first entertainment act of the day!
Submit questions anonymously and get answers instantly…like Google, but without a search history. And with advice from actual experts! This is your chance to ask those personal and crazy – gotta know! questions. No moms allowed. (For ages 13+)
- Melanie Short Co-Owner, Social Worker, and Therapist, JRNY Counseling
- Holly Homan Co-Owner, Social Worker, and Therapist, JRNY Counseling
|Melanie Short||Holly Homan|
Meet some of the area’s fiercest female visionaries and hear how they’re helping change the game for girls.
- Gabby Love DJ, DJ Gabby Love
- Sonya Cooke President, Mentor, and Coach, Girl Talk Incorporated
- Karen Young Attorney/Adjunct Professor, Young Law, LLC
|Gabby Love||Sonya Cooke||Karen Young|
Tyrone Humphrey Jr.
With the help of a panel of local teenage boys, we will attempt to unravel the inner-mysteries of the male brain or at least try! (Results not guaranteed.)
Tyrone Humphrey Jr. Program Manager, Eskenazi Health | Indy HeartBeat
Featuring performances from local entertainers and showcasing talent by local girls.
- University of Indianapolis Dance Team
- Miss Indiana’s Outstanding Teen – Jazz Dance
- Indy Dance Academy Amethyst Performance Team
- Traci’s Urban Jamm Dance Studio
- Central Indiana Enchanted Fairy Festival – Fae of Norsey Woods – May Pole Dance
- Natyalaya School of Arts – Bharatanatyam and Mohiniyattam
- The Biz Academy of Musical Theatre – Broadway Medley
- G3 Steppers – Greek Style Stepping
Workshops & Demos
‘Jill of All Trades’ sponsored by U.S. Army
College isn’t for everyone. Women can be plumbers, electricians, carpenters, welders and more. Find out about opportunities for a career in a hands-on trade or business you might not have considered.
CIRCLE CITY DERBY GIRLS & INDIANA JUNIOR ROLLER DERBY
U.S. ARMY K-9 TEAM
Ongoing Activities & Entertainment: 12:00 – 4:00PM
- Girls of Merit Award Ceremony
- Fashion Showcase sponsored by Macy’s – Find your inner fierceness with fashion tips and trends.
- Live Music & Dance Performances sponsored by Starfish Initiative
- Exhibitor Marketplace – A thriving shopping area where local vendors sell and demonstrate their goods. A unique shopping and experiential opportunity in a fun, upbeat inspiring atmosphere. Exhibityour goods and services.
- Healthy Living
- Girls World of Art Show – Come see how local girls express themselves through art. Art is a celebration of self-expression, creativity ad self esteem all on display at GWE.
- College & Career Coaching sponsored by U.S. Airforce – Meet local mentors and entrepreneurs who will help guide you towards a bright and prosperous future.
- Cyber Lounge – Whether we know it or not, a lot of personal info is available online. So what happens if it falls into the wrong hands? Learn the facts about cyber safety and how to know when it’s time to log off.
- Pamper Me Lounge sponsored by Bliss Spa – Indulge in various hair, skin, nails and/or makeup products & services.
- Fitness Demos
- Henna Art
- Volunteer Opportunities
- “Bright Ideas” STEM Showcase – The future is female, and we are here for it. #GirlNerds unite for this one-of-a-kind workshop on what it really means to be a lady in STEM.
- Hot Topic Seminars & Workshops
- MUCH, MUCH MORE!
We will thank everyone for participating in such a special day and celebrate with a closing act!
We are currently looking for:
- Nominations for Girl of Merit – Deadline for nominations: Wednesday, February 27th
- Exhibit your goods and services and sell your products to girls and their moms in this upbeat, fun and inspiring atmosphere
- Sponsors – advertise your local business
- Submissions for the Girls World of Art
- Submissions for the “Bright Ideas” STEM Showcase