MCCOY works year-round to promote positive policy changes for children and families locally, state-wide, and nationally. We do this by partnering with other community organizations around specific issues; lifting and empowering the voices of young people and those who serve them; and educating partners about legislation that is passing through the State House and United States Capitol.
MCCOY’s Public Policy Goals:
- Early Intervention & Prevention – all youth should be safe, nurtured and free from abuse, neglect and delinquency through comprehensive community efforts that coordinate, build capacity and advocate for high-quality early intervention and prevention services
- Quality Youth Programs – all youth programs should adhere to quality and best practice standards in order to best serve the youth in Indiana
- Student Success – all youth in Indiana have the right to receive a quality education, graduate and succeed
- Youth Engagement – all youth can be empowered to voice their opinions about and be part of the decisions that affect them
- Youth Worker Professional Development – all professionals working with youth should have opportunities for continuing education and professional development programs with quality standards and credentialing