Effective schools and out-of-school educational supports provide young people with the opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge, and competencies that they need to be successful in life. At the local, state, and national levels, we must support programs that truly provide every young person with high-quality educational experiences.
The resources on the right focus on effective programs, emerging practices, and useful research about education.
Local and state organizations making a difference:
- The United Way of Central Indiana and Indianapolis Public Schools have partnered to create ReadUP, a tutoring program that matches volunteers with Indianapolis Public Schools’ 4th-graders who need help reading.
- The University of Indianapolis’s Center of Excellence in Leadership of Learning fosters dynamic, innovative education change with the goal of dramatically impacting student achievement throughout Indiana.
- The Indiana Foundation for Home Schooling encourages and supports the homeschooling community by providing financial and other valued services to those who pursue, provide or promote home education.
National education research and resources:
- The National Dropout Prevention Centers provide information about helping youth from “at-risk” settings and youth with disabilities to stay on a path toward graduation.
- The Graduate School/PhD Education Index is a comprehensive and informative resource that systematically sorts out the available undergraduate and graduate programs available today in the U.S.
- The Frugal Dad Project is a comprehensive and informative resource that allows you to search for colleges and their respective tuition.