DATE/TIME: The Inaugural Indiana Response to Hate Conference will be held on Thursday, August 17, 2017 at the Marriott East in Indianapolis from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Registration opens at 8:00 AM along with a continental breakfast. The conference will begin promptly at 9:00 AM. Please be sure to arrive by 8:30 AM to receive your registration packet and breakfast.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER AND FEATURED SPEAKERS: We are very excited to announce that Judy Shepard, Anti-Hate Crimes Activist and Mother of Matthew Shepard, will be our luncheon keynote speaker. However, Ms. Shepard is not alone in speaking at the conference. We have a full agenda of phenomenal speakers including:
- Miriam Zeidman of the Anti-Defamation League
- Jeannine Bell, Author and Richard S. Melvin Professor of Law at Indiana University
- Lydia X. Z. Brown, Disability Rights Advocate
- Hilary Shelton of the NAACP-Washington DC Bureau
- Pardeep Kaleka of Serve 2 Unite
- David Sklar of the Jewish Community Relations Council
- Rima Khan Shahid of the Muslim Alliance of Indiana
- Amber O’Haver of the Indiana Statewide Independent Living Council (INSILC)
- Kerry Steiner of the Indiana Native American/Indian Affairs Commission
- And others that are currently pending!
AGENDA: A draft agenda can be viewed here. Please note that the schedule and speakers are subject to change.
CONFERENCE COST: The registration cost for this all-day event is only $40/person if registered on or by July 16, 2017. After this date, the cost will be $55/person. This registration fee assists with the costs of the speaker related costs, audio/visual needs, continental breakfast, lunch, and beverage. Due to hotel meal count requirements, we are unable to provide refunds after July 31, 2017.
REGISTRATION: To register for the conference, click here. Registration is required. Space is limited.
More information can be found on the event page: http://www.fhcci.org/events/response-2017/