Emotional CPR (eCPR) is a public health education program designed to teach people to assist others through an emotional crisis by three simple steps: C = Connecting, P = emPowering, and R = Revitalizing.
eCPR is based on the principles shared by a number of support approaches: trauma-informed care, recovery components, instilling hope, counseling after disasters, peer support, and cultural and social attunement. It was developed by a diverse cadre of leaders who themselves have learned how to recovery and grow from an emotional crisis.
Participants will learn to:
• Use curious inquiry and feel the presence of the other person
• Express emotions in a manner that enhances connection
• Be open minded and judgement free
• Assist another to discover her/his own strength through the process of heart to heart connection
• Empower another person to navigate life challenges and experience new life
Who should attend?
• Peer Support Workers
• Community Health Workers
• Social Workers
• Rehabilitation workers
• Community Members
• Family members
• Mental Health Professionals
12 Category 1 CEUs Available for:
MSW, LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, LAC, LCAC, CRS/CHW
SPACE IS LIMITED:
Workshop is limited to 20 participants. Cost is free to attend for Indiana residents. Cost to out of state participants
To register email to: firstname.lastname@example.org