This is a 2-part series surrounding the topic of Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) and Mindfulness.
Session 1: April 21, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
What is Mindfulness and Social and Emotional Learning (SEL)?
Through hands-on experiences, this session will help you answer these questions:
- Why should we care about mindfulness and about social and emotional learning (SEL)?
- Should mindfulness and SEL be used together?
- How do children and adults learn about mindfulness and SEL?
- What are the most important benefits of using mindfulness and SEL?
Session 2: April 28, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Your Mindfulness and Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Toolkit
This session builds on the learning from the April 21. You will receive specific resources to help you address:
- How to Introduce mindfulness and SEL to children of different ages and adults
- Exercises to use with children of different ages and adults that meet different needs and can be completed based on the time that’s available
- How to get back on track if you aren’t using mindfulness or SEL very well
- Simple actions to help you start and end the day with mindfulness and SEL
Please only register if you can attend BOTH days.
Cost: $30.00 for both days!
*SYPF Discount Available (enter your discount code during registration)
Trainer: Lisa Robinson, UIndy
Before mindfulness or social and emotional learning were common terms, Lisa was using them in her career journey as a collaborator, leader, coach, and trainer. Currently, Lisa directs a graduate program in Education Leadership at the University of Indianapolis. She holds degrees in psychology, management, and learning design & technology.
Location: MCCOY 1375 w. 16th Street
Lunch is not included, but coffee, juice, water and sacks will be provided.
If you register and cancel with LESS than 72 hrs notice, you will NOT be refunded your payment.