State Organizations and Coalitions
- Children’s Coalition of Indiana – advocates for the well-being of children in Indiana.
- Indiana Afterschool Network – works to ensure that all Indiana children have access to affordable, quality afterschool programs.
- Indiana Association of United Ways – provides tools and resources to help network members be successful.
- Indiana Coalition for Human Services – consists of organizations across the entire spectrum of human service provision, dealing with issues concerning children, the aging, poor relief, health care, housing, those with disabilities, social and economic justice, child and sexual abuse, and civil rights.
- Indiana Youth Services Association – supports local youth service bureaus with professional assistance and training, links to federal and statewide programs, community education and advocacy.
- Mental Health America Indiana – provides education and information to the general public about mental health and addictive disorders and provides advocacy at the state and local levels.
- National Association of Social Workers – Indiana Chapter – promotes the quality and integrity of the Social Work profession while supporting social workers in their mission to serve diverse populations; to ensure justice and equality for all citizens of the state.
- Afterschool Alliance – raises awareness of the importance of afterschool programs and advocates for more afterschool investments.
- American Youth Policy Forum – provides learning opportunities for policymakers, practitioners, and researchers working on youth and education issues at the national, state, and local levels.
- Children’s Leadership Council – coalition of child advocates representing over 50 leading national policy and advocacy organizations who are working everyday to improve the health, education, and well-being of children and youth in order to prepare them for school, work, and life.
- Child Welfare League of America – leads the nation in building public will to ensure safety, permanence, and well-being of children, youth, and their families by advancing public policy, defining and promoting practice excellence and delivering superior membership services.
- The Children’s Defense Fund – champions policies and programs that lift children out of poverty; protect them from abuse and neglect; and ensure their access to health care, quality education and a moral and spiritual foundation.
- Coalition on Human Needs – alliance of national organizations working together to promote public policies that address the needs of low-income and other vulnerable people.
- Every Child Matters Education Fund – promotes the adoption of smart policies for children and youth.
- Fight Crime, Invest in Kids – takes a hard-nosed look at crime prevention strategies, informs the public and policymakers about those findings, and urges investment in programs proven effective by research.
- First Focus – takes a unique approach to children’s advocacy, engaging both traditional and non-traditional partners in a broad range of efforts to increase federal investments in programs that address the needs of our nation’s children.
- The Forum for Youth Investment – dedicated to helping communities and the nation make sure all young people are Ready by 21®: ready for college, work and life.
- KIDS COUNT Data Center – national and state-by-state project of the Casey Foundation to track the status of children in the United States.
- Michigan Criminal Defense Attorneys/Grabel & Associates – Michigan-based law firm that provides resources and information on Juvenile Crime Prevention (thanks to Mrs. Schaffer’s class at Bear Mountain School in Bellevue, WA for sharing this resource)
- National Collaboration for Youth – provides a united voice as advocates for youth to improve the conditions of young people in America, and to help young people reach their full potential.
- National Human Services Assembly – association of the nation’s leading national non-profits in the fields of health, human and community development, and human services.
- National Youth Employment Coalition – improves the effectiveness of organizations that seek to help youth become productive citizens.
- Partnership for America’s Children – leads advocacy efforts at the community, state and federal levels to improve the lives of all children, especially those most vulnerable, and their families.
- SparkAction – gives visitors stories, information and tools to learn about a range of issues and to take action to improve policies and programs, and, ultimately, the fabric of our nation as a whole.
Indiana Voter Registration
- Indianavoters.in.gov – online voter registration site.