The Natural Caregiver will work to expand and support social services for parents/caregivers and their children living in the Near Westside and make appropriate referrals to available service providers. The Natural Caregiver Program is designed to coach, educate and advocate alongside parents/caregivers and service providers. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Idamarie Collazo, Manger of Outreach & Partnership, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more.
MCCOY frequently has educational opportunities available for students who show an interest in non-profit management, social work, advocacy, fundraising, public relations and training. MCCOY specifically has opportunities for MSW students in their second year of schooling. When such opportunities are available, they will be posted here. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
The Communications Intern would work with MCCOY’s Communications Director, Jacie Farris, to implement various aspects of MCCOY’s communications strategy. The current communications strategy includes marketing, advertising, graphic design, social media, community relations, digital communications and promotions. This part-time position would require 15-20 hours of work per week from January 2018 through August 2018 (start and end dates will be finalized with the chosen candidate). Hours are flexible, but must be completed at MCCOY’s office between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Exceptions to this rule should be approved by the Communications Director. Please note that events occasionally take place on weekends and evenings, and the Communications Intern would be expected to help with some of these events as he or she is available. If the chosen candidate would like to earn college credit for his or her service, MCCOY is happy to work with the individual’s school to secure that opportunity. The Communications Intern will receive a $2000 stipend in four installments during the course of the internship. Click here to learn more. Interested applicants can send a resume, cover letter, two writing samples and two references to Jacie Farris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great Families 2020 AmeriCorps VISTA
UWCI has four priorities: education, income, health and basic needs. With 89 partner agencies and numerous community partners, UWCI works toward these priorities on education and human services initiatives to fulfill our mission of helping people learn more, earn more and lead safe and healthy lives. This AmeriCorps*VISTA member position provides program design and administrative leadership around family engagement, program evaluation, training, and the development of a community of practice. Click here to learn more.
Have extra time to devote to a proven and efficient non-profit that champions youth development? If so, MCCOY has a spot for you. Contact us at 317-921-1266 to lend a hand!
Excellence in Summer Service Education Awards (ESSEA)
ESSEA is an initiative of the Summer Youth Program Fund and awards 20 high school and college students who work in SYPF-funded summer programs with a $1,000 educational award each summer. Volunteers needed to read and evaluate applications and determine ESSEA winners. Level of commitment include four hours of application review, one two-hour meeting, and attendance at the awards dinner celebration.
Family Access Network (FAN)
FAN is developing a co-location of services site on the Near West side of Indianapolis to promote healthy children, families and communities by increasing access, use and capacity of existing services through innovative, neighborhood-based partnerships in a single location. Volunteers needed: to serve on the following task forces: nonprofit law and contracts, real estate development, community and neighborhood development, marketing and public relations, advocacy and policy issues. Level of commitment include two hour meeting every month, plus occasional conference calls and events.
MCCOY Board of Directors
If you are interested in volunteering your time for MCCOY, we are always looking for committed individuals to serve on our various committees for our Board of Directors. Serving on a MCCOY committee is a first step for someone who is interested in serving as a board member, but serving on a committee does not obligate you to future board level involvement. If you are interested in becoming involved with MCCOY as a board member or as a member of one of our committees, please contact John Brandon at email@example.com or 317-921-1266. Level of commitment: two hour meeting every other month, plus occasional committee work and events. Here are the various committees and their work for you to review:
- Public Policy and Advocacy Committee: Working with the Director of Public Policy and Advocacy, the Public Policy and Advocacy Committee seeks to identify youth issues and public policy arenas where MCCOY can have influence, provide information about best and emerging practices, and expand the quality and reach of youth development programming.
- Marketing and Communications Committee: Working with the Director of Communications, the Marketing and Communications Committee focuses on the development and implementation of strategies to demonstrate the essential nature of the work that MCCOY does in our community. The focus of the Marketing and Communications Committee will be to increase awareness, use and respect of MCCOY’s programs and initiatives.
- Fund Development Committee: The Fund Development Committee is responsible for overseeing the organization’s overall fundraising and, in particular, the fundraising done by the board.
- Finance Committee: Working with the President, the Finance Committee is responsible for providing oversight on all the financial matter of the organization including annual budget, annual audit, and financial management.
- Governance and Board Development Committee: Along with the agency President, the Governance and Board Development Committee is responsible for the growth and development of the board, including recruitment, orientation, assessment and the annual board retreat.
- Program Committee: The Program Committee provides support and guidance for MCCOY initiatives involving the Youth Worker Learning Network, the Early Intervention and Prevention Initiative, Youth Employment Initiative, Summer Youth Program supports, and various community involvement initiatives that MCCOY leads and/or supports.
MCCOY is an equal opportunity employer.